Power Trim Alpha 1 Gen 2

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was replacing my water pump yesterday and went to raise my lower unit, It clicked and went up about 3-4 inches stopped. I let off the switch hit it again, it clicked but nothing. Lowered the unit back down, went right down no issues, went to raise the unit back up this time went all the way up.

Changed out the water pump went to put the gear lube in, unit went right down with no issues. Started the boat up made sure everything worked with the new water pump shut it down went to raise the lower unit back up and it it did it again up 3 inches or so and stopped. Hit the switch down just a split second, hit it back up and went up with no issues. I did not think at the time to test the trailer button when it did not respond.

I can hear it clicking so I'm assuming the switch is not bad. So now what do I check?

Also for Future reference. Is there a bypass if for any reason when I'm loading the boat on the trailer and it doesn't work at all?

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Power Trim Alpha 1 Gen 2

sounds like your trim motor is on the way out........mine did same thing last year...only way to fix that is when it clicks,, hit it with a wrench :),, or.... buy a new trim motor.... you can nurse it along and it might last all season, it might last another week.. up to you.. I'd replace the motor....peice of mind :) last think you want to do is get back to the dock an cant get it up.............. ;) good luck

Last edited:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Could also be the solenoid. I would get a test light and rig that up to the output of the UP solenoid. When it 'does its thing' just look at the light. Light on, replace the trim motor. Light off, replace the solenoid.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Start by Cleanin' the Connections,.... Corrosion does that sorta thing,...