Looking for Exhaust Riser, 3.7L with Aluminum Manifold.

SalmonBonker

Cadet
Hi all-

Seems that most suppliers are out of stock and back-ordered for the Exhaust Riser to a 3.7L Mercruiser with Aluminum Manifold.

Parts I have searched and had no luck:
GLM51180
HGE8561
And..Merc. oem # 98561, 93174

However, there is a riser in stock OSC0879 but it's for an iron manifold. Is there any reason I cannot used the OSC0879? I'm aware of galvanic corrosion, so maybe that's the issue. Or maybe it simply does not fit.

Another option is possibly the after-market riser has been replaced by another after-after-market model. :confused:

I replaced a rusted-out one on this engine about 10 years ago when water started disappearing from the reservoir. I took it off and saw that it was rusting between the walls to the heat exchanger/manifold. I'm now losing water and am thinking it's time to swap it out again.

Any guidance would help.

Regards,

Mike

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
Re: Looking for Exhaust Riser, 3.7L with Aluminum Manifold.

I do not believe it will fit, the iron and aluminum manifolds use different reservoir gaskets. Check e-bay for 470 mercruiser exhaust.

alldodge

Staff member

Hi all-

Seems that most suppliers are out of stock and back-ordered for the Exhaust Riser to a 3.7L Mercruiser with Aluminum Manifold.

Parts I have searched and had no luck:
GLM51180
HGE8561
And..Merc. oem # 98561, 93174

However, there is a riser in stock OSC0879 but it's for an iron manifold. Is there any reason I cannot used the OSC0879? I'm aware of galvanic corrosion, so maybe that's the issue. Or maybe it simply does not fit.

Another option is possibly the after-market riser has been replaced by another after-after-market model. :confused:

I replaced a rusted-out one on this engine about 10 years ago when water started disappearing from the reservoir. I took it off and saw that it was rusting between the walls to the heat exchanger/manifold. I'm now losing water and am thinking it's time to swap it out again.

Any guidance would help.

Regards,

Mike

Howdy Mike
Who is the manufacture and model number of your current manifold?

I also believe they are different and won't mate together correctly if you interchange them.

nola mike

Vice Admiral

They're different. I got mine from ebasicpower, but looks like they're out...

Here, found part # HGE8561, available here.