Why did I have to MESS with it......

bajabeginner

Recruit
:facepalm: Hello fellow boaters,
I decided to take apart my shifter ( quicksilver 3000) to see if I could find the Neutral safety switch and to find out if I could tighten up the connections as I had a no start in Neutral at the lake last summer that stranded us for a half an hour and when putting it back together I must have placed the
handle in the wrong position....wont start in Nuetral...it will start if I push in the button at the base of the throttle lever
and move it slightly forward...I noticed the drive only spins counter clock wise (bravo 3)...shouldn't it spin freely either way if in neutral?
how can I determine the drive is in neutral?
looking at the cables connected to the shifter....they seem to be in about the same position,
where they are connected in the engine compartment ( starter side of the engine ) one cable does not appear to be engaging anymore than the other....If only I had made a mark or just left it alone.
any help is very appreciated....

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Why did I have to MESS with it......

Cool, Thanks. I have it bookmarked now. :) Durn it! getting late do they have one of these for outboards?

Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

the next link down from mercruiser is mercury in that link

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

the next link down from mercruiser is mercury in that link
Thank You Bt Doctur, I didn't realize I was in the Inboard/ Outdrive forum. I have picked up a couple outboards and am researching those. Thanks.