HELP! What am I doing wrong? U-joint bellow; alpha one gen2 issue

Cbam754

Recruit
I have only replaced bellows on a gen1 alpha one O/D before today. I am at the point of installing the ring on the bell housing side of the u-joint bellow. I have the special tool for install it. I have tried greasing it and everything but I can not get this damn ring to go on. Any suggestions please??? Getting extremely frustrated at this point.

CFM56-7

Seaman Apprentice
Re: HELP! What am I doing wrong? U-joint bellow; alpha one gen2 issue

Quick reply before smarter people chime in. Quicksilver Power Tune....

Spray it on both surfaces, slide the ring in place by hand, and the Power Tune evaporates leaving things locked in place. One of the easiest parts of the job.

Good luck!

alldodge

Staff member

I have only replaced bellows on a gen1 alpha one O/D before today. I am at the point of installing the ring on the bell housing side of the u-joint bellow. I have the special tool for install it. I have tried greasing it and everything but I can not get this damn ring to go on. Any suggestions please??? Getting extremely frustrated at this point.

Let's start with telling us what your working on. What kind of drive is it and if you have pics that could help. Also what kind of tools do you have?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Let's start with telling us what your working on. What kind of drive is it and if you have pics that could help. Also what kind of tools do you have?

ROFLMAO.... It's all in the title AD... Gen II, bellows replacement... And I agree with CFM, power tune, works like magic....

Chris.....

Cbam754

Recruit

Thanks everyone. I'll pick up some power tune tomorrow and try that.

alldodge

Staff member

Bummer