2001 4.3 efi bravo 2 with stalling problems

twixter

Recruit
I have a 2001 4.3 merc efi with throttle body injection and a bravo 2. boat starts fine and runs for a few minutes then starts missing at least that what it sounds like to me. some times it stalls and some times rpms drop then kick back up like as it was just started. things i've already tried. new cap, rotor, electronic thing inside dist, and new spark plugs. it seems to me as if the injectors are performing correctly. this is got me stumped. maybe somebody had the same problem or maybe someone could recommend a good mobile mechanic in northport N.Y. please help like to get an early jump on the season. the flounder bite is on.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2001 4.3 efi bravo 2 with stalling problems

I have a 2001 4.3 merc efi with throttle body injection and a bravo 2. boat starts fine and runs for a few minutes then starts missing at least that what it sounds like to me. some times it stalls and some times rpms drop then kick back up like as it was just started. things i've already tried. new cap, rotor, electronic thing inside dist, and new spark plugs. it seems to me as if the injectors are performing correctly. this is got me stumped. maybe somebody had the same problem or maybe someone could recommend a good mobile mechanic in northport N.Y. please help like to get an early jump on the season. the flounder bite is on.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Check the Contents of the fuel filter for water, 'n crud,....