my oil dip stick don't look good

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello all
So as most of you know I pulled my cover off my boat a week ago and found ice up over motor.
After ice melts I get the motor running one time has not run since. I pulled my dip stick before to check oil it looked good now I pull it this is what I find to me this does not look good I think I may have a cracked block
20140413_121028.jpg

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: my oil dip stick don't look good

Oh man sorry I put this in the wrong section is there any way a mod can move it or should I just another on the repair section

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Drain the oil, 'n see how much water ya got,.... It don't look good,...

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How do I drain the oil In these things can't find a drain plug

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

There should be a threaded male fitting on the dipstick tube that is garden hose size. a pump screws onto the tube and you pump it out

Last edited:

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok thanks that is what I thought but was not sure we're you pump it out from
In the case of water possibly being in there should I still try to start the motor to warm the oil before draining thanks mike

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

nope, you`ll only make is worse. sending the water thru the oiling system. what moisture that's left might still turn the oil milky a bit until it reaches normal operating temp to burn off the moisture. Simply changing the oil is not enough, Usually done on the water in cruise mode for about an hour or two.
You could put 2 heat lamps/spotlamps/floodlights close to the oil pan to warm it up.

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well time to sell or buy a new Block there is a crack the size of China on it and I pulled 4 gallons of water and oil out of it thanks for all your help

trucker28

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live in southern Maine so pretty close I am about 5 hours away