removing mercruiser cool fuel? has anyone done it?

mustangturbo50

Recruit
i have a 2000 baja boss 302 i bought this boat with two bad engine already removed. the issue i am having is it is missing parts for the cool fuel. my question is has anyone ever used a aftermarket fuel pump and a regulator ? i dont see why i cant do it i do it on cars all the time. any thoughts or suggestions would help. i would just rather run two holley pumps and regulators and a relay setup or use the factory relay set up and be done with it. and also not have to pull my motor out to fix a fuel issue. im thinking aftermarket pump, regulator, and braided fuel lines and a/n fittings

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: removing mercruiser cool fuel? has anyone done it?

Called "cool fuel unit" because it was supposed to cool the fuel before it went up to the injectors. You might be able to get away without the cooling effect.
Might be able to make a cooler from a power steering cooler or a trans oil cooler. both go inline with the water feed. would suggest the trans type because of the threaded fitting vs the ps coolers hose clamp ones.

Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: removing mercruiser cool fuel? has anyone done it?

Cooler Marine Transmission or Power Steering 12 X 1.25 X .3/8
HEXCS-212-6-C_thumb_zpsfe098dac.jpg

Cooler Marine Transmission or Power Steering 12 X 1.25 X .3/8
Quantity in Cart: None
Part Number: HEXCS212-6-C
Price: $114.95

Adjust Quantity:

Cooler Transmission or Power Steering: Body length 12 Inches Overall Length 15 Inches. Hose diameter 1.25", oil fitting diameter .375" (3/8 NPT).? These oil coolers can be used for power steering or transmissions.
Please Note the body length is not the overall length. Please add 3 inches to the body length to figure the overall cooler length.

Last edited: