3.7 coolant weep hole?

scameron7

Cadet
So last summer I replaced cam seals and installed sleeves on the cam, I ran the engine a few times on muffs during the summer wasn't able to use it had no coolant drips. I went to the garage this week to start getting it ready for this season and noticed some coolant at the front of the engine, after cleaning coolant off let it sit until next day coolant again, I cleaned it off again the next day checked it and it looks like it is coolant coming out the weep hole very slow drip. Any ideas?:grumpy:

Re: 3.7 coolant weep hole?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

but your seal is leaking.

May have gotten cut or damaged during installation or maybe it's not sitting perfect on the speedi sleeve. Someone on here has a post with the exact same issue... did the job and still leaking.

scameron7

Cadet

Thanks for the reply, I thought I would be pulling the front cover off again, and not looking forward to it!! I also might just put a new cam in with lifters, will that work with the push rods in my engine, I know they had different length push rods in these engines.

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

You will have to check the pushrod length after a cam switch. Might be OK, might not. Can get pushrods from local ford dealer.

jabfd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Scamron7 I just did my Cam seals and before I started I pressure tested the system and I herd a leak coming from the weep hole I was very upset. I ran the engine on the muffs a few times and no leaks pressure tested after I ran it and holding pressure now I would try to run it and see if the leak goes away good luck

scameron7

Cadet

thanks jabfd going to run it on muffs and pressure test, just can't figure why it ran last spring until fall on muffs and didn't leak, then started to leak sitting there during the winter,more pressure on the cooling system when its running.