Alpha 1 gen II Gear Lube reservoir cleaning and assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha 1 gen II Gear Lube reservoir cleaning and assembly

I am changing the gear lube and per advice on the forum I am cleaning my gear lube reservoir. It was very sludgy at the bottom. I took apart the sensor from the float so I can clean well. I am not sure if the metal band on the float goes up or down when I reinstall the float. Thanks in advance for you help.

Re: Alpha 1 gen II Gear Lube reservoir cleaning and assembly

The square oil bottle was not meant to be serviceable/disassembled like that. It may leak on you so be prepared for that. I've never had one apart.

Here is the clearest picture I could find online to hopefully try and help give you an idea.
    Mercruiser Gear Oil Lube Bottle Reservoir Monitor Sensor 806193A47 8M0075710 | eBay

You may need a new bottle, Good luck.
    Last edited by Fun Times; March 2nd, 2014, 05:25 PM.
    OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com 'By Bel-Ray Marine Lubricants -- BOAT SPECS -- FORUM GUIDELINES -- Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. -- OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM -- All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com --

Comment

Well I guess I will assemble it, hook up the leads, leave the bottle empty and I guess if I turn the key on I should hear an alarm? If not I will disassemble again and flip the float over and test.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKorte View Post
        Well I guess I will assemble it, hook up the leads, leave the bottle empty and I guess if I turn the key on I should hear an alarm?
        That will be your best bet. I should know this but I can't recall if the alarm will sound when the float just breaks away from very top or if it needs to bottom out. I believe it's bottom out, so I would think the metal band would go on the bottom but the photo in the link looks like the metal band is on top.

Let us know what you come up with.
        OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com 'By Bel-Ray Marine Lubricants -- BOAT SPECS -- FORUM GUIDELINES -- Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. -- OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM -- All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com --

Comment

Next time just flush it with a little kerosene and let it drain upside down for an hour with a paper towel stuffed in it.
          Bill, Lorain Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X