Excessive exhaust smoke

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1999 Bayliner 2052ls Capri, 3.0l GM, Alpha one drive.

I have noticed that the last few times that I have started my engine that I am getting a hell of a lot of exhaust smoke. It disappears after 3 or 4 minutes, but I have never had this before. I have not changed anything recently, oil and such like, so can see no reason as to why im suddenly getting so much. Ideas?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Excessive exhaust smoke

Ayuh,.... What Color smoke,..?? Black is excess Fuel,... Blue is Oil,.... White is Steam,...

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Blue smoke, but the oil levels are good, and the oil pressure gauge is reading right too. The oil and filter where changed around 4 months ago, and (due to the poor UK weather), she's been out on 5 trips since those changes with no problems. The oil was proper Mercruiser marine oil as recommended in the engine handbook. Just a bit concerned as to why it's all of a sudden started smoking.

cr2k

Captain

Could be a valve seal or worn valve guide/stem.

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well a good run seems to have stopped it for now. If I leave her alone for a few weeks before starting the engine again, I will see if it comes back. Had enough issues as it is......fingers crossed!:cold: