ignition ,no fire on # 1 plug

redz

Cadet
please help, I have a Daytona 250 boat with a mercruiser 350 v8 thunderbolt ignition alpha one.
no fire at # 1 plug, replace all plug an wires an coil, new distributor cap an new sensor also rotor an new ignition module.
getting fire at all of the other plugs, will not start also have a new battery. please help,thanks

redz

Cadet
Re: ignition ,no fire on # 1 plug

please help, I have a Daytona 250 boat with a mercruiser 350 v8 thunderbolt ignition alpha one.
no fire at # 1 plug, replace all plug an wires an coil, new distributor cap an new sensor also rotor an new ignition module.
getting fire at all of the other plugs, will not start also have a new battery. please help,thanks

sorry it a 1989 boat ,thanks again redz

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

How do you know it is not firing on the #1 plug? What test did you perform? Did you simply remove the wire from the plug and not notice a change in rpm? Or did you put a tester on it and see no spark? Let us know what you did and we can give more specific answers.

redz

Cadet

I used a spark tester, to test all plugs

Bondo

Staff member

I used a spark tester, to test all plugs

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... If that's true, the spark plug, or the wire, or possibly the cap, or the ground on yer tester is Bad,....

Why are ya Testin' in the 1st place,..??