alpha 1 gen 1 bellows hose clamp position

sme5

Cadet
need help replaced bellows on a alpha 1 gen 1 outdrive and cant remember where the u joint bellow clamp was position had it on and off 4 times now and still no success. any help on the position of this clamp would be greatly appreciated

Fun Times

Staff member

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: alpha 1 gen 1 bellows hose clamp position

...I take it my "edit" did not actually edit but rather posted a 2nd time?????:doh:
Hard to believe I've even gotten to over 900:faint::welcome:

Mark

NHGuy

Captain

Yup and when it's at that angle you can reach up "from undah" with a long 1/4" extension to get to the clamp drive nut. Seems to me that you then have to put the exhaust bellows clamp at the top facing toward a hole in the transom shield/plate and reach in with a long skinny screwdriver to tighten it. I don't remember exactly but I believe it faces to port. For sure you need a narrow straight bladed screwdriver that's around 1/4" or 5/16" wide and about a foot long.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Yup and when it's at that angle you can reach up "from undah" with a long 1/4" extension to get to the clamp drive nut. Seems to me that you then have to put the exhaust bellows clamp at the top facing toward a hole in the transom shield/plate and reach in with a long skinny screwdriver to tighten it. I don't remember exactly but I believe it faces to port. For sure you need a narrow straight bladed screwdriver that's around 1/4" or 5/16" wide and about a foot long.

Ayuh..., That be the way....

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hard to believe I've even gotten to over 900:faint::welcome:

Yeah, the first thousand are the toughest, and the next thousand... :faint2: After that it just gets harder... :rofl:

Last edited: