bad news need your feedback. Pitted outdrive

cssmonster

Recruit
Hello,
Getting my boat back tomorrow after having a lower impeller replaced. My mechanic says the real reason for my trouble was that my unit was pitted so bad it wasn't pulling in water and has a hole. What does that mean? I know what pitting is but I don't understand how it could make the engine rev high, loose propulsion and conk out, He repaired it by filling and cleaning up some metal plate.

Any thoughts on replacing the unit? He said we won't really know if the repair worked until we drop it back in. Thanks for any advice.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: bad news need your feedback. Pitted outdrive

Hello,
Getting my boat back tomorrow after having a lower impeller replaced. My mechanic says the real reason for my trouble was that my unit was pitted so bad it wasn't pulling in water and has a hole. What does that mean? I know what pitting is but I don't understand how it could make the engine rev high, loose propulsion and conk out, He repaired it by filling and cleaning up some metal plate.

Any thoughts on replacing the unit? He said we won't really know if the repair worked until we drop it back in. Thanks for any advice.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... What outdrive,..?? Rotted through, Exactly Where,..??