Mercruiser Impeller Identification

20pilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, I have a 2008 Mercruiser 5.7. I am trying to pre order my impellers from sierra and was checking to see if anyone could tell me the part number that is needed. I am guessing since I am there I should maybe just purchase the whole impeller kit? The serial number is 1A09139. Its a Mercruiser Smartcraft DTS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser Impeller Identification

Hi, I have a 2008 Mercruiser 5.7. I am trying to pre order my impellers from sierra and was checking to see if anyone could tell me the part number that is needed. I am guessing since I am there I should maybe just purchase the whole impeller kit? The serial number is 1A09139. Its a Mercruiser Smartcraft DTS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ayuh,.... What Drive ya got,..?? Alpha,..?? Bravo,..??

20pilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bravo 3. just curious though, does it matter because its the impeller on the engine?

hivoltg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bravo 3. just curious though, does it matter because its the impeller on the engine?

Yes, Some of the post-2000 Bravo's have a different impeller hub. I cant find any info with the serial number you provided. Might be a typo or something.

20pilot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, Some of the post-2000 Bravo's have a different impeller hub. I cant find any info with the serial number you provided. Might be a typo or something.

hmmm. It looks correct the only thing I can think is that the A is a H. The numbers are clear... not so much the letter.

hivoltg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Merc serial numbers are usually 8, 12, 15 or 17 characters. I have tried adding a zero and other combinations with an H instead but its not coming back valid.