Did i burn my motor? Water in my oil / no comperssion in one cylinder

LiquidC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Did i burn my motor? Water in my oil / no comperssion in one cylinder

4-5 times a week???

Then you must not have a job ... and must be rich. Which would mean: Send this to the scrapper & buy a new boat!!

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander

Got that right. Had oil pressure switch blow and dumped a gal into bilg on one trip. Former owner had all wiring jury riged and no alarms. We fixed that and took over a year to fix other crap. Man may have ran out of oil and motor got hot and blew head gasket. Sounds like rebuild job or more likely new block, etc. I've heard that draining and then filling with diesel fluid can perform some saving but, most of the people I know have to work and take too long to pull motor befor damage is done.

alldodge

Staff member

In all fairness, I know fishermen that use in 5-7 days a week. Use it about everyday after work, some married, some use to be married (fish thing). Then there are old guys like me, retired

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

SOOOOOOO....You love boating.....Decision time!

Bikeluver43

Cadet

I must've read the first post incorrectly, but it sounded like this leak has been ongoing for months which was why I responded the way I did previously. If it was a one time thing to get back to dock then ok.

In regards to your engine choice - Swap the intake over, distributor, etc. from your bad motor onto the fuel injected motor and you should be good to go. People convert from Fuel injected to carb all the time, its very simple.