2003 bayliner capri 4.3 stalling

casey1124

Recruit
2003 bayliner with 4.3 stalling when pulling tube every now and then not so much with kids on tube more often with adults I have changed the fuel filter and checked gas tank vent for blockage that did not help last time it happened I did notice oil pressure gauge spiked but gauges does not always work after stalling I checked oil to find it being little low gave few mins and checked again and it was full boat always starts back and runs fine any ideas out there thanks for any help

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: 2003 bayliner capri 4.3 stalling

Hi there, Since the gauges do not always work after stalling, that would lead me to believe you may have a loose wire connection someplace.

So I would start with carefully wiggling wires around both at the engine and under the helm while the engine is running at home on the trailer to see if you can replicate the problem.

You say your oil pressure gauge spiked, Did it spike long enough for the engine to die? And what did it spike to?

casey1124

Recruit

It maxed out on oil pressure speed never works rpm some times works dealership said would need whole cluster can not just fix one and yes engine stalled out when spiked out but does not spike everytime it dies

Bondo

Staff member

It maxed out on oil pressure speed never works rpm some times works dealership said would need whole cluster can not just fix one and yes engine stalled out when spiked out but does not spike everytime it dies

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...... If yer havin' tach problems, disconnect it's sender wire, the grey 1, from the coil's (-) post,...

It might be shortin' out the ignition,...