mersruiser starboard exhaust too hot

mjdaniel

Recruit
Hi,

I have a brand new 4.3l vortec installed. I was breaking it in and noticed the starboard exhaust manifold was much hotter than the port side. I removed the drain plug while the motor was running and noticed the water being spat out of the hole. Is this normal. I'm suspecting the manifold is cranked internally. The manifold is one piece, it does not have the riser. Any help would be appreciated

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: mersruiser starboard exhaust too hot

Hi,

I have a brand new 4.3l vortec installed. The manifold is one piece, it does not have the riser. Any help would be appreciated
How new is new? Brand new as in 2013? Engine serial number handy?

cr2k

Captain

How "new" is the manifold? Salt of Fresh water? May not be "Cranked"??? it may be plugged with rust/corrosion. Usually if they are cracked you will have water in a cyl or external leaks. A brand new manifold may have casting sand left inside it.
Maybe your thermo housing is not flowing enough to that manifold?

Bondo

Staff member

Hi,

I have a brand new 4.3l vortec installed. I was breaking it in and noticed the starboard exhaust manifold was much hotter than the port side. I removed the drain plug while the motor was running and noticed the water being spat out of the hole. Is this normal. I'm suspecting the manifold is cranked internally. The manifold is one piece, it does not have the riser. Any help would be appreciated

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Swap those manifolds out for the 2 piece design, before that brand new motor turns into an anchor,...

Those things have been Bad news since they came out,...

mjdaniel

Recruit

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Swap those manifolds out for the 2 piece design, before that brand new motor turns into an anchor,...

Those things have been Bad news since they came out,...

After $700 for new exhaust manifold, ahoy mate. Imma put ss minnow on the sides of the boat haha
Thanks and have a great day :)

Bondo

Staff member

After $700 for new exhaust manifold, ahoy mate. Imma put ss minnow on the sides of the boat haha
Thanks and have a great day :)

Ayuh,.... Only 1 manifold,..??..??