trim leak down

jason74

Recruit
I have a 78 sea ray with a 228hp 305ci and a pre alpha out drive. my question is i had some busted o rings in my trim pump at the plate on the bottom of the pump and it was leaking the fluid where the plate bolts to the bottom of the pump. I replaced the o rings and that stopped the leak, but now it wont trim all the way up or down and it moves very slow, and if i get it to go all the way up it will leak down in 5 or 10 mins. What can i do to fix it?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: trim leak down

I have a 78 sea ray with a 228hp 305ci and a pre alpha out drive. my question is i had some busted o rings in my trim pump at the plate on the bottom of the pump and it was leaking the fluid where the plate bolts to the bottom of the pump. I replaced the o rings and that stopped the leak, but now it wont trim all the way up or down and it moves very slow, and if i get it to go all the way up it will leak down in 5 or 10 mins. What can i do to fix it?

Ayuh,.... Sounds like ya need a new pump,...

jason74

Recruit
Re: trim leak down

the pump sounds strong and runs the whole time you hold down the switch, so should i replace just the motor or the whole pump assembly?