Sea Water Pump problem? Or Impeller broken?

josenorat

Recruit
Hello, need help. Engine is a Mercruiser 5.0mpi 260hp and Bravo 3.

When I passed in a local with big waves, the boat jumped the waves, and when returned to water, the water pressure showed 0.0bar, so I turned off and turned on the motor, after this the problem continued and with little time the alarm began to ring, and the temperature rose up and I turned off the motor. With some time, turned off all batteries and turned on again, put the trim to up and down, and started the motor, the temperature began to down ant at the ~160?f and the water pressure go to 0.6/0.7 bar, the engine worked normally about 1hour. And I returned to the dock.
In the next day I go see the boat and my suprise, just with the key on the water pressure showed 2.3bar, I dont understand anything in that time...
So I started the engine and the pressure go down, and back to the normal water pressure, 0.6bar.

What could have happened?
Is there any part in particular that I should look at? What piece

Sorry my english...

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Sea Water Pump problem? Or Impeller broken?

Welcome to the forum
This could be nothing except the engine sucked up some air and it took a bit to cleear, and your gauge could have an issue. To help we will need your engine serial number, are you in salt or fresh water and has there been any modifications to the engine?