engine not priming with muffs on, need some info plz

rick911

Cadet
Hi guys,i just bought a 2005 regal 2250 with a 5.7 mag mpi. When i was with the po we cranked up the engine with muffs on but no water was coming out, this was the engines first crank since being winterized. We took one hose off filled it up and after it was fine. Next day i have the boat at my place and after changing the oil i fire it up again and 10 15 secs still no water. Muffs were on fine. Should i wait longer for the water to start running out. Anyways i later that day put the boat in the water and was concerned that it might not be sucking up water but since its in water i cant see it. temp rose to 175,dropped and later on it that day it never went higher than 135 or so.
This normal or whats going on here?
Tks for the help

NHGuy

Captain
Re: engine not priming with muffs on, need some info plz

What drive? Does it have an engine mounted raw water pump?

rick911

Cadet

Ya sry forgot to mention,bravo1 drive

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Bet you are due for a new impeller. How old is the one in there?

rick911

Cadet

Po said it was changed last year.ill take it in to have it changed and looked at

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Po said it was changed last year.ill take it in to have it changed and looked at

Just a guess here, but I would bet this is what the previous owner said before you bought the boat, and you didn't take a test run before you bought it.

Am I close?

rick911

Cadet

We took the boat for test of course, temp never got high but then again we didnt test it for hours,20-25 mins.