just bought a used 454, got home to find a failing jb-weld patch failing :(

wrench 3

Commander
Re: just bought a used 454, got home to find a failing jb-weld patch failing :(

Not 100% sure, but by my reckoning you would need to change the camshaft, oil pump and rear main oil seal. You could reuse the cam if it's in good condition, but you should go with a new oil pump, seals and a hole pile of gaskets. It's a Good idea to move the lifters along with the cam and put them back into the same positions.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

....my cracked block motor is a 1988 7.4l bravo model: MCM 7.4 litre serial: B772793...

Woow, steady Eddy.... That is NOT a Bravo engine, it's an Alpha engine, and it's 1987....

evinice66

Petty Officer 2nd Class

achris, that was what i was trying to get at, i wasnt sure if it was possible to use that block with all bravo stuff,,, its really the only one i could find within 150 miles of me! if anyone knows of something that would work for me i would definately try to buy it, i now many people on here might know someone, or at least know which blocks would work for me

can i only use a block from a mark 4?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

achris, that was what i was trying to get at, i wasnt sure if it was possible to use that block with all bravo stuff,,, ...

If you're transferring all the bravo stuff over to the 'Alpha' block, then yes, no problem....

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer

If you're transferring all the bravo stuff over to the 'Alpha' block, then yes, no problem....

It's late and I've had a few drinks but......

Can't he run the rev rotation motor on his Bravo drive with a left hand prop or just reverse the cables on his remote and run the right hand prop with the reverse rotation motor he can get a "deal" on? My understanding is you can run the bravo either way. Maybe i'm under thinking this?