ignition wiring for Sea Ray 210 select (2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdstex

Cadet
need help in wiring new ignition switch on 2007 Sea Ray 210 select. has 6 prongs and old one was taken off without noting where wiring goes (not by me/lol).

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ignition wiring for Sea Ray 210 select (2007)

Item F is the ignition switch.

Untitled5.jpg

Don S

Post some pictures of what you are trying to hook up, along with wire colors. Ignition switches are NOT toggle switches.

Don S

That is not an ignition switch, get the right part and it will work.

These are ignition switches. http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Ac...tion switch--searched.1--session_id.949580656

you could probably make a toggle switch work, but I could see lots of serious issues doing it. Maybe if you don't want a key switch, think about an ignition toggle and a starter push button.

bdstex

Cadet

i bought the boat new and this is type ignition switch that came with it located on dash under ignition. there is a master key switch that must be turned on before any power works that is located near back seat under railing. i may be calling it the wrong term but that is pushed up to crank engine and pushed down to kill engine.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

not your typical switch, appears to be a lighted momentary on-off- momentary on or on-off- momentary on. does it lock in a position or just there if held.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...

It’s important that you get the right replacement switch. It is an unusual switch that is best purchased from sea ray.

Your owner’s manual has a wiring diagram in it. If you have lost the owners manual a new one can be downloaded from searay.com

bdstex

Cadet

Thanks for the help from everyone. Finally located wiring diagram and hope to have it installed tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.