81 3.0 litre mercruiser inline 4 parts???

dolluper

Captain
Hi been searching for engine parts for this inline 4 cylinder,head maybe but a head gasket forsure. Had no luck with my searches anybody know of some place that has these parts ,used on the head would be nice. Even to find the specs seems to be a chore also. Any help would be greatly received Thanks

MainstreetUSA1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 81 3.0 litre mercruiser inline 4 parts???

www.stemtostern.com<br /><br />Its a great website. Just click on the MerCruiser link and you can see blow-up diagrams of your engine and drive complete with part numbers and prices.

Bondo

Staff member

ebay is a Great Resourse for Used parts,.....<br /><br />Sometimes you need to search for a few weeks to find the Right parts,.. At the Best Prices,......<br /><br />I don't have a Head laying around,.......... But,.. <br />I've got a Complete, "Plug & Play", Running Take-Out, mid-80s 3.0l in the garage, Without a Home.........

dolluper

Captain

Thanks for the link Mainstreet<br />and Bondo<br />It's for one of the nephews he doesn't have the bucks for a newbie<br />or sort of HA ha <br />and he's in Newfieland with his broken boat I 'm trying to help him out Do you have the spec's for it ,if so maybe e-mail with them dolluper@gmail.com<br />Like head sequence pattern and torque <br />valve adjustment <br />ah you know the drill Maybe asking to much what you think :D :D 1981 inline 4 120hp

dolluper

Captain

Fantastic there BONDO!!!!! thanks a million<br />.....<br />and Carner Boey Welcome to IBoats<br />Newfieland is actually Newfoundland Canada in the far east out in the Atlantic Ocean an island

sean709

Cadet

I have a head for a 81 181ci merc and I also live in Newfoundland, not newfiland...

dolluper

Captain

You anywhere near Grand Falls there Carner Boey sort of figgered you were from the rock with the name you use Just kidding about the newfie part as you know,I have many relatives there.Maybe you should change your profile to say your from Newfoundland Canada and show your proud of the place as most natives are.Shoot me an e-mail so I can hook you boy's up.........<br />And hystat that,s a great offer it's up to the nephew the bucks are low with the new baby on the way

sean709

Cadet

The head is off a block that split, I had the engine running even with the crack in the block, so I think its good...I live in Torbay and am having my own troubles with my pre-Alpha out drive...But what ever the thing is worth I'll take...What is wrong with the one you got now?

dolluper

Captain

Not sure what's wrong with his as the boat's in Grand Falls and I'm in Ottawa ,he just left after a visit here.He took it in to a shop and they told him the head was cracked .Compression was 90,40,40,100 which sounds to me as just a shot head gasket with two adjoining cylinders being the same #'s. Is the water in the ocean that cold it,s spiltting blocks and heads

sean709

Cadet

I purchased my boat in Richmond VA and brought it to a garage in OH, I do alot of traveling, The guy had his own boat and I asked him to winterize it and he said he did, the next summer the block was cracked...a tuff lesson learned...