Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

mercruiser 140 wiring

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercruiser 140 wiring

my old merc 120 died and a friend gave me a old 140 that i am installing in my boat. i'm not sure the year. i think it is 70's. serial # is 3354343. but i can't figure out how to wire my ignition switch and all my gauges. if anyone has a diagram or knows what colors go where that would be of great help. the wires that come out of the harness are:red- 10 gaugered/white- 10 gaugeblack- 10 gaugeyellow- 14 gaugewhite- 16 gaugebrown- 16 gaugeorange- 16 gaugegreen- 16 gaugethanks for any help

Re: mercruiser 140 wiring

Here is the wiring diagram for the 120 and 140 engines both are within the serial number range of the one you posted.Go to the link below and copy it to your computer, it's 804KB, and puts me over my limit of free storage. Let me know when you have it so I can delete it from my site and not get charged for it.Good Luck.
    Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Re: mercruiser 140 wiring

ok i got it thank soo much. maybe i will get out on the lake this summer! thnks again don