Mercruiser 888 Ford 302 Wiring Harness

Salty Veteran

Recruit
Sorry I?m new:confused:, prepared to get yelled at by the old-timers, but here goes:

Trying to find a model number for reference the wiring harness in my 1973 IMP, has Mercruiser 888 stern drive and a Ford 302 engine. Looking for like a model number, some kind of ID so that I may find a replacement on eBay or a salvage yard. Also I have the Seloc book but would love a copy of the IMP manual that came with the boat if anyone knows where to get that?

IMP2.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser 888 Ford 302 Wiring Harness

Sorry I?m new:confused:, prepared to get yelled at by the old-timers, but here goes:

Trying to find a model number for reference the wiring harness in my 1973 IMP, has Mercruiser 888 stern drive and a Ford 302 engine. Looking for like a model number, some kind of ID so that I may find a replacement on eBay or a salvage yard. Also I have the Seloc book but would love a copy of the IMP manual that came with the boat if anyone knows where to get that?

View attachment 114672

Ayuh,... 888 it is...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercruiser 888 Ford 302 Wiring Harness

Trying to find a model number for reference the wiring harness in my 1973 IMP,

What exactly are you trying to find out? Engine wiring harness, or boat wiring? Huge difference.

If you are looking for the engine wiring harness, note that there is 5 different ones for the 888, and they go by serial number not just year of the boat. Look around the starter for a metal tag with the SN