Water pumping out PVC hose

thor3228

Recruit
Just put my 4.3 in for the first time out and had water pumping like a garden hose out the pvc hose into my air cleaner what happened I winterized it the same way for the last 5 years what do you think a head gasket or cracked head or block? and if the block is junk is a 4.3 automotive engine interchangable?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water pumping out PVC hose

Well, that sounds like a cracked block,you missed something winterizing.Can you describe your process?
Only other spot is the manifold floor under the thermostat housing rotted thru. Pull the therm housing and see if there is a hole in the manifold.

thor3228

Recruit

Well, that sounds like a cracked block,you missed something winterizing.Can you describe your process?

Thats what i was afraid of.Pulled off all drains in block and exhausts ran air through system and kept inside all winter same process last five years,2001 starcraft 1810 gt 190 hp 4.3 is there an affordable long block you can recommend? Or probably just a short block.

thor3228

Recruit

Pulled the intake and found a crack in the intake what can i do to flush out the block of all the water and oil mess?

dubs283

Vice Admiral

change oil/filter multiple times to get the sludge out

once clean enough the engine will vaporize the rest of the water out of the oil

is there a square plug in the front of the intake that you didn't pull out to drain??