Help

razgrule

Recruit
3.0 merc 120hp engine, bought in 2003/ 19 1/2' 1952 bayliner cuddy cabin. Can't get the beast started. Had starter replaced last year and ran fine (only out once). Turns over,changed plugs, added octane booster to fuel because it sat all winter until now (supreame only) Wife about to kill me for promissing it would be ready. Ran for 5 min then copped out. Ideas and help greatly apreciated....got to go wife yelling....and throwing things.....help!!!!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help

3.0 merc 120hp engine, bought in 2003/ 19 1/2' 1952 bayliner cuddy cabin.
None of that information really helps us.
thr 3.0 and the 120 are 2 different engines, similar, but different.
It also doesn't matter when you bought it, we need to know what year it is, and the year and make of boat doesn't help either. Well, maybe the year helps a little bit, but that is the year of the boat, not when you bought it.
Do you have the engines Mercruiser serial number? It's on a tag just above and slightly aft of the starter.

razgrule

Recruit
Yizer....help!!!

Yizer....help!!!

3.0 merc 120hp engine, bought in 2003/ 19 1/2' 1952 bayliner cuddy cabin. Can't get the beast started. Had starter replaced last year and ran fine (only out once). Turns over,changed plugs, added octane booster to fuel because it sat all winter until now (supreame only) Wife about to kill me for promissing it would be ready. Ran for 5 min then copped out. Ideas and help greatly apreciated....got to go wife yelling....and throwing things.....help!!!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yizer....help!!!

Sounds like bad gas and carb issues to me.

cribber

Lieutenant

And check the fuel filter... it could be clogged with gunk from old gas.

The word HELP in the title doesn't really help out either.

Scroll down to all the threads in the forum. Every one is asking for help. This is 4th of July weekend.... So The actual issue in the question is much better than help, cause some might just skip over your issue.

Just sayin..

and... Welcome aboard... ;)

kd7isf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

octane booster won't help with old gas.

Stabil put in the tank before the gas gets old will.......

Hope this helps

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I merged your posts together. Please do not start 2 seperate threads on the same subject.

my86seville

Cadet

pull #1 spark plug wire, insert philips screwdriver into end of wire and hold metal part of screwdriver close to ground. have someone turn over engine and you should see spark jumping from screwdriver to ground. if not you have point problem. if you have spark, put plug wire back onto spark plug, disconnect fuel line from carb. put fuel line into container and have someone turn over engine again to see if your getting fuel. if no fuel, pump problem.