Is any exhaust supposed to come out of Pre Alpha outdrive other than from the prop?

montejw360

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have cooling water and exhaust coming out of the outdrive just behind the transom on both sides of the outdrive at about 4:00 and 8:00. Since it's coming from both sides I sort of think it's supposed to, but I'm not sure. First boat, first I/O.

Monte

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is any exhaust supposed to come out of Pre Alpha outdrive other than from the pro

If you shut the engine off, and the water, raise the drive an look, you will find two 1" diameter cast holes. They are idle relief ports for the exhaust. Very Normal to have water there. Oh, and don't be surprised if one side has more water than the other. That is also quite normal.

montejw360

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Is any exhaust supposed to come out of Pre Alpha outdrive other than from the pro

If you shut the engine off, and the water, raise the drive an look, you will find two 1" diameter cast holes. They are idle relief ports for the exhaust. Very Normal to have water there. Oh, and don't be surprised if one side has more water than the other. That is also quite normal.

yeah, that's where it's coming out, thanks.