Need Help Won't Come Out Of The Hole !!!!!!!!!!

flat lin

Cadet
Finally got to put my boat in the water after all last year putting a new motor in and yesterday replacing the impeller in the lower unit. but it will not come out of the hole, i trim it just like i was shown how to but it hits in the area of 2300 rpms and it hits a wall and will not go. it is a 94 vip with a 5.0 (305) mercruiser with a alpha one out drive. We thought everything was great, because out of the water it runs absolutely perfect. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need help!!!!!

It sounds to me like you are not getting fuel as you you need it. I'm no expert on I/Os and do not want to steer you wrong. Just sounds like fuel, and I would say check the fuel filter, pump, and tank vent. I'm sure others will be along to help you out before too long.

flat lin

Cadet

It sounds to me like you are not getting fuel as you you need it. I'm no expert on I/Os and do not want to steer you wrong. Just sounds like fuel, and I would say check the fuel filter, pump, and tank vent. I'm sure others will be along to help you out before too long.

Thanks, i was wondering if the 4 barrel had to kick in to take off,but i don't know. I will defiantly check those!!

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help Won't Come Out Of The Hole !!!!!!!!!!

it was in that area, def did not hit 3000

Carefully RECHECK the firing order and ensure that you don't have a couple of sparkplug wires switched.......

THEN ENSURE that you have the timing correct and that the dist is advancing correctly.

Regards,

Rick

flat lin

Cadet

Carefully RECHECK the firing order and ensure that you don't have a couple of sparkplug wires switched.......

THEN ENSURE that you have the timing correct and that the dist is advancing correctly.

Regards,

Rick

This may sound stupid but i am new to boats so bare with me as I am learning as I go.

It runs fine out of the water all the way up the rpm's, it only does this in the water, does this make a difference?

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

It runs fine out of the water all the way up the rpm's, it only does this in the water, does this make a difference?

Without a load on the engine of course the engine will hit top RPM.

flat lin

Cadet

Thanks for all the pointer I will check all and see what I come up with, but if yall think of anything else PLEASE throw it my way,Thanks again.

flat lin

Cadet

just took the breather off the carb and put throttle forward, the butterflies did not open, should they?