Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

How do you install a neutral safety switch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install a neutral safety switch?

Are there a set of standard directions for installing a neutral safety switch, or are they different for each shifter? If it is standard, how does one go about doing it? Also, where can I buy a new switch for a kiekhafer dual lever shifter? I saw in a thread from another site that you can pick one up at radioshack.. is this true? Thanks in advance.
    Champ III, 1994 Formula F252SS

Re: How do you install a neutral safety switch?

No, they are not all standard, it depends on your control.
    Most are very easy to see how the switch is installed, and no, there are no instruction on how to replace just the neutral safety switch.
    Best thing you could do is post a picture of your control so we can see what you have, and perhaps someone can explain how they replaced their switch.
    Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Re: How do you install a neutral safety switch?

Thanks for the reply Don. I actually just won the auction on Ebay so I will be getting the shifter within the next few days. I can post the picture that was on ebay but it does not show the inner workings of the shifter. Would that be sufficient, or would you like to see it taken apart?
      Champ III, 1994 Formula F252SS

Comment

Working...
      X