Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

winterize mercury sportjet 120

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterize mercury sportjet 120

I bought a 96 Sea Rayder with the sportjet 120 back last June, I didn't get manuals or any other information with the boat, Can anyone tell me how to winterize this boat engine?

Re: winterize mercury sportjet 120

This is basically a Force 120 outboard motor on a jet drive. I believe there is no need to winterize, but I never looked into it cause I live in Houston. Perhaps someone else will chime in.Also, most Mercury Sport Jet questions are posted in the Mercury outboard forum. Might get a better answer there.Ken

Comment

What I meant to say is that there are no worries on freeze damage. The Sport Jet engines are self draining.But you still have to follow the normal outboard winterizing procedures (fogging) and also change the jet drive oil.Ken

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
        X