mercruiser 3.7 manual?

hooks1

Seaman Apprentice
Naturally, now that I need it, the mercruiser service manuals are no longer available free on line. Is there another free source? I have an '87 Mercruiser 3.7 and I would pay for a manual if I could identify the right one. There are several on eBay but most are just identified by manual number (14, 17, 24, 24a, etc.) and not the application. Any help for even that part - i.e., an explanation of what is in which manual? Can anyone recommend a source for manuals on CD? I found one of those on eBay but it too is poorly described. [EDIT] I plan to spend a lot of time "under the hood" this winter getting the new-to-me Sea Ray Seville ready to go and I really like having the right resource at hand.

TIA,

Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: mercruiser 3.7 manual?

manual 8 covers the engine
manual 6 covers the drive which is a Alpha 1 gen 1.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

The ones on CD available on ebay are clymer :eek: :eek: .... Run away......

hooks1

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks! I have downloaded most of the drive manual chapters from a variety of sites but I've found nothing for the engine. I now know to look for manual 8.

Achris, I have bought auto and tractor CDs before and most were poor for anything more than maintenance - I suspected the eBay CDs were similar. Thanks!

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

If you werent so far I`d burn a copy for a little hooch

hooks1

Seaman Apprentice

Bt Docktur,
Thanks for the offer - I am now the happy owner of a copy of Manual 8. If I find myself up east I'll PM you and buy you a brew anyway.