Permatex #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permatex #2

I used this to assemble the impeller housings on a stringer.

Since this is what the repair book said to use, I did. Anyone have an idea how to seperate the two pieces? They just don't pull apart and am hesitant to use more force. [vise,etc]

Re: Permatex #2

Razor blade of some sort. Utility knife, box cutter etc. What's a stringer in this context?
    When goals have no clear focus, neither will the actions of the people trying to achieve them

Comment

Sorry, stringer is the type of outdrive. I've tried the razor knife thing but the pieces fit so tight that it doesn't work.

Comment

Take the blade (utility) out of the handle and try tapping with a hammer. Carefully, straight in, of course. May need more than one and watch your eyes, and wear gloves.
        When goals have no clear focus, neither will the actions of the people trying to achieve them

Comment

Heat up the junction. It'll soften with heat. Failing that, I'm pretty sure alcohol dissolves it.

Comment

Permatex #2 is great stuff! I have been using it for years.

Warm it up gently - a heat gun would be good - just warm to touch and the two parts should twist apart SLOWLY. I haven't found anything yet that will dissolve Permatex.

Comment

Originally posted by DianneB View Post
              Permatex #2 is great stuff! I have been using it for years.

Warm it up gently - a heat gun would be good - just warm to touch and the two parts should twist apart SLOWLY. I haven't found anything yet that will dissolve Permatex.
              !0% ethanol gasoline dissolves it, slowly.

Comment

Piano wire
                just because you found it that way does not mean it is supposed to be that way.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'll let ya know if I get it apart.

Comment

Working...
                  X