Question **Sorry wrong site** can you please move it to outboard.

RiL

Seaman Apprentice
Well took my boat in today and this is what I was told. First it is a 1970 mod boat and motor. It has set for at least 3 years. The boat is in good shape and the motor looked ok but I wanted to have it checked.<br />Well the shop called me back and said that the lower unit was out and was cracked. He also said that it was not getting any fire to the plugs. <br />Cost to fix the moter $ 500.00. His thoughts were to sell the boat and start over. <br />The boat is a tri hull and he said that this type boat was a rough riding boat and that it would probably be a bad first time boat..<br />What are your thoughts?<br />Rick

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Question **Sorry wrong site** can you please move it to outboard.

Rick...<br /><br />Read "Suggestions for new posters"...then post your concerns in the appropriate manner...with the necessary info...in the proper forum. I couldn't begin to answer your questions based on the info you've provided. I have not a clue what the heck you're talking about...<br /><br />Walt

Trent

Captain

Sorry but Iv got to agree..(But I dont know what model boat you have).<br /><br />In the early 1970's Alot of boat makers went with the Tri Hull style boats. They did ride rough. Thats why you dont see them much anymore. The V Hull is hard to beat!!!

RiL

Seaman Apprentice

Pardon me Walter, I did realise that I was on the wrong site after I posted this. I tryed to remove it and it said that only a Mod. could do that and they could move the post to the correct site. That is what I was asking for them to do.<br />Rick

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Rick...<br /><br />Didn't mean to sound so grouchy...my apologies.<br /><br />JB penned the "Suggestions for new posters" topic some time ago, and there is a lot of good info and guidelines for folks to follow when posting their boat/engine/whatever questions, concerns, etc..<br /><br />Your post discusses a 1970 model boat and engine. I do know the boat is a tri-hull type, but that's about it.<br /><br />My only point is this: If you were asking for our opinions on anything other than whether your tri-hull will give a rough ride...we need more info.<br /><br />Walt