3.0L Mercruiser Water Temperature Sender

lenny2113

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all,<br />I have a 1988 Galaxy boat with a 3.0 Mercruiser engine. I need to replace a water temp sender but don't know which one I need.<br />Also I noticed that the boat is sitting a little low in the water, I would say about 1 1/2" lower then it should be. There is no water in bilge or anything obvious like that. What could be the problem (if it is) ?<br /><br />Thank you,<br />Lenny

Trent

Captain
Re: 3.0L Mercruiser Water Temperature Sender

Its the small sendor just above the engine driven waterpump. Remove wire with key in the on position. Ground the wire to the engine to a "good clean" grounding place. Temp gage should read FULL HOT. If not its the gage or the wiring.<br /><br />Main cause for a boat sitting lower in the water with no water in the bilge is "water soaked" floation foam. Almost impossible to get the water out without replacing the foam.

flashback

Captain

Trent, did you go out today? How did your boat run? in any case, I think you are on the money again.

Trent

Captain

Thanks for asking but Im sorry to say Iv not been boating in about three weeks. :mad: <br /><br />All my boats are ready..Just cant go right now. :( <br /><br />Hope you or someone else can take up my slack!!

flashback

Captain

I try to get out at least 1 day every weekend, it,s a deal i have with my better half, I have 2 boats at the present time, shows you how crazy i am, anyway , I have to be REAL nice to her. If the winds blowing, I take my 27 Oday out, if its not, then old flashback gets to go. anyway, any slack I take for you ain,t gonna help you any..Oops got carried away... sorry Lenny hope you got your temp problem solved, and as far as wet foam. well thats a whole new story......