Merc cruiser 3.7 Blown HG Over heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capconjohn

Recruit
I over heated the motor ,water was found in the head I rebuilt the head and replaced all the gaskets started the motor and it ran great for awhile now i find water in the oil and water is back in the cyl. head, I fear that the block is cracked. any ideas on what to do or where I can find a replacment engin.ITS 1988 merc cruiser 3.7 cid 224 165 hp 4cyl in/out

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Merc cruiser 3.7 Blown HG Over heating

check manifold & riser for cracks.

Trent

Captain

Is your engine equipped with closed cooling system like I think it is? If so have the heat exchanger checked also.

daveswaves

Ensign

Just a thought, but you may want to re torque the heads again. Make sure you follow the correct sequence when torquing the bolts, use a torque wrench, don,t over torque. :)

chiefmike58

Seaman

Capconjohn, also check water circulator seals which are on front of engine sealing water from oil around the end of camshaft. Mercruiser has rebuilt blocks available, plus many aftermarket remanufactured blocks are available. Used engines also show up on e-bay from time to time. If you are rebuilding your own, I have a block with a bad bearing for rebuild available.

Status
Not open for further replies.