tilt motor working again but still need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy225

Cadet
hello to all...i had a post up asking about my tilt not working was just getting click from solenoid....well i took the motor off of the plastic container it was attached to and started to play around with it..i found that it has broken ground.. for that part thanks to everyone that help......now my problem is i still have not connected the motor to the plastic container.... motor spins when pressing down button on dash to tilt and in throttle shifter button down it spins.but dont do nothing when pressed up no spin or nothing.....that is on both buttons...any help would be greatful.....thanks p.s boat is out of water so i try and fix it

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer
Re: tilt motor working again but still need some help

You and I should get together and swap used boat stories... It sounds like you got one problem after another, and me the same... I get one thing fixed and another problem pops up...<br />Good Luck!! HA HA<br />sorry cant help you on this....<br /><br />Tallman

galaxy225

Cadet

thanks tallman....it is kind of funny that we have these problems.....i guess 1 day we will be able to have fun on these things.......i think my problem are a bad switch that wont go turn motor the other way.....cause i jumped off of relay or solanoid and it turned just want to make sure ...thanks.............ha ha ha i think i might have my going before you.....<joke i dont have that kind of luck>..........thanks tallman............

flashback

Captain

this is a basic hydrolic system which if it has an air in it or low on fluid,will not operate. it is like the brake sys on a car,you must get the air out of the lines first then if it does not work, the problem is in the pump or the cylinders.... I don't know what to look at next' except to check the pump and the cylinders.

galaxy225

Cadet

o.k put everything back to together <put motor on>all works o.k....one thing going up and down o.k but in order tobring it back up i have to go all the way down then press up and it will go is that normal?............thanks

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer

I dont think the all the way down to get back up is correct.. It should not be that way....Makes no sense.. <br />On your impeller, I would do it yourself... Its really not hard just getting the 2 halves of the Outdrive seperated is the hard part......Good luck<br /><br />Tallman

flashback

Captain

don't know what to tell you from here accept that the hydrolic part of the system is working. what you have is an electrical sensor some where that is screwing up. Trent could probably help you here..........

Status
Not open for further replies.