doel fins

Status
Not open for further replies.

driftwood47

Seaman Apprentice
anybody had experience with "Doel Fins" supossedly will help reach plane faster and reduce porposing? I have an 18' bowrider w/mercruiser outdrive.

jasonnb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: doel fins

While I don't use doel fin brand, I have an almost identical set of fins on my 16' BR w/ outboard. Mine are made by Golden Eye and are sold at K-Mart. I put the fins on this boat when I first bought it and never thought much about them. Last summer, while skiing, a steel cable ski harness (don't get me started on that story) got tangled around the prop and cut one of teh fins off. I removed the remaining one and finished the day. On the way home, I stopped and bought a new set. Lesson: my boat handles 200% better with them. As for the Mercruiser, I just picked up a set for my 19' w/ mercruiser drive.

BigBabyLou

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jason, can I ask you how much they're at KMart? I've seen some in boating catalogs and on-line and they're always around $35.<br /><br />Also, do they make them in various sizes, i.e. for different outdrives? Or is it that fits-all-sizes kind?<br /><br />Thanks!<br />Lou

jasonnb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've only seen one size, rated for up to 350hp. I have one set on an 85hp johnson OB, and will be putting the other on my 200+hp mercruiser. Normal price is $22, but I caught them on sale Saturday 30% off. Not a bad item for $15. They make a world of difference in my 16'.<br /><br />Just found them for $21 on iboats

Status
Not open for further replies.