Idle Air Control Valve Location 4.3 Merc

anderson4884

Cadet
Ive been looking around for a while and I am pretty certain the problem with my boat lies within the IAC valve. It either needs to be cleaned or replaced. The problem is, I have no idea where it is located. I have a 2003 Crownline 180BR with a 4.3l mercury engine. A little help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Idle Air Control Valve Location 4.3 Merc

Sounds a lot like your troubleshooting procedure is to read what happens to others and start throwing parts at it.
The IAC is on the throttle body if that helps.
What you might want Click Here and download the proper service manuals for your engine and drive, and check it out properly.

anderson4884

Cadet

Still no luck...is it possible that this engine doesnt have one? the S/N is ow000645

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Still no luck...is it possible that this engine doesnt have one? the S/N is ow000645

Of course you don't have one, you have a carbed engine, not an EFI.

Why don't you post what your problem is, because reading the archives isn't doing you any good.

anderson4884

Cadet

Alright here goes. Sorry for that. I just pulled my boat out of storage after the winterization and i hook the ear muffs up and start it up. It will stay running at higher rpms but will fizzle off when shifted to neutral. It will crank right back up with ease but again when let off on the throttle it will fizzle down and shut off.

Bondo

Staff member

Alright here goes. Sorry for that. I just pulled my boat out of storage after the winterization and i hook the ear muffs up and start it up. It will stay running at higher rpms but will fizzle off when shifted to neutral. It will crank right back up with ease but again when let off on the throttle it will fizzle down and shut off.

Ayuh,... It needs a Full,+ Complete Tune Up,...
Probably a Carb Rebuild as well...