Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1986 Seaswirl Tempo w/ OMC 4.3L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Seaswirl Tempo w/ OMC 4.3L

Hope someone can help....My 1986 Seaswirl has a OMC 4.3l V6 and runs great, but whenever I'm in gear, foward or reverse, then shift back into neutral the engine dies. I've tried increasing the idle, decreasing the idle, but having the same problem. Once in gear, the boat trottles up fine without stumbling and reduces speed just fine until I place it back into neutral.

Any ideas......Please help I'm a Medic not a mechanic.

Re: 1986 Seaswirl Tempo w/ OMC 4.3L

Sounds like some classic Cobra shift problems...you could have either a sticky transom shift cable that's keeping the ESA engaged too long or a bellcrank with crud behind it that's doing the same thing...time to find a mechanic who knows Cobras...
    1988 Four Winns 200 Horizon
    4.3 OMC Cobra

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Selectrac
    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Quadradrive II

"While air doesn't freeze....rust never sleeps"

Comment

Working...
    X