Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Removing prop and stern drive.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing prop and stern drive.

Hello again forum. I have a replacement stern drive for my boat. I will be taking it into a Marine shop for a going over and for a replacement of that "knuckle" component. So, I need to get my old one off. I am not having anyluck getting started. Do I work my way from the prop and go up?

I can't even seem to get the prop off. I have remove the bolt that is through that cone part on the back of the prop. SHouldn't it come right off?

Re: Removing prop and stern drive.

The cone unscrews as well. Standard counterclockwise. stick a screwdriver through the hole in the cone. Prop will slid off.

Knuckle, Ujoints?

Just need to remove the upper gear box.

Have a look at this thread.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=309095
    '88 Baretta Success 200
    Volvo Penta AQ260/275

'96 Weeres Suntanner 24
    '01 90hp Johnson

Comment

Here is a link to download the manual for your drive. There are instructions to remove it. I read it, and not sure I could take off a drive following those instructions, and I have removed hundreds of them.
      http://www.4shared.com/file/51930153...ce_manual.html

Maybe thise pictures will help.

Attached Files
      Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
      That is what the forums are for.
      Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Thanks Don, I REALLY appreciate the help....I have done the steps, but I think that if I hit the pins TOWARD the steering fork, they will hit the fork before they come out....I was thinking I needed to remove the fork somehow...am I still missing something...?

Thanks

Comment

Like I said in one of the pictures. Turn the steering all the way to one side.
          You may only have one pin clear, but then just turn the steering the other way. They do clear. Disconnect the helmet first.
          Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
          That is what the forums are for.
          Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
          X