Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

vapor separator tank on 1996 Mercruiser 5.7L efi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vapor separator tank on 1996 Mercruiser 5.7L efi

I ran into this problem and what happened and this was the engine would turn over and wanted to start but wouldn't. There was spark and fuel flowing to the engine mechanical fuel pump. I had someone turn the ignition switch and I disconnected the VST wire connector and the engine started and I reconnected the wire. I went for a run and turned the engine off for a few minutes and the same thing happend two more times. Then the next two two times it started no problem. Can anybody shed some light on what's happening and the probable cause? This was the first time I used the boat since I bought it last year. 1996 Mercruiser 5.7L EFI with TBI.

Seahow1
Working...
X