Accidetally reversed post connections on battery!

TN4FUN

Recruit
I was in a rush to get my cd out of my 1998 Ski Supreme V-210 with a mercruiser inboard v-drive. I hooked up the positive to negative post and the Negative to positve post. (1st time doing this since buying the boat new!) When I realized what I had done I reversed it but there was no power.

I checked the reseset switch on the enging but I cant tell if it poped out or not. There was a rubber strap holding a metal cover over all the relays there. The rubber strap was placed right over the reset switch button firmly! (smart!)

I dont know if the switch blew or not but I cant push it in to reset it. It is sticking out about 1/2" is this supposed to be pushed in so it is flused? It wont go in at all so Im thinking the rubber strap kept if from popping out.
Is there an internal fuse I should be looking at?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tito

84Monaco

Seaman
Re: Accidetally reversed post connections on battery!

Was the key on? Did you try to start it?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Its not going to start if that 50 amp breaker was held in and got cooked.
If it won't push in and reset its most likely fried.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

there should be a fuse on the main lug of the starter motor. Chances are you fried that fuse.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah? I did that too last season! when all my courtesy lights came on like spot lights I knew I had a problem. Nothing blew, not a single bulb. As long as you didn't try to start it everything should be fine, no voltage flows till you throw a switch. As far as the C/B sticking out, they do stick out about 1/4 inch or so...

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did that once when in a rush. Friend my alternator and voltage regulator.

WizeOne

Commander

Just be glad you did not have EFI. The ECM would be fried. As it is, you probably took out the alternator and regulator.