cotter pin on the lower swivel pin

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I got a new cotter pin... what is the easyest way to get iot ... it seems the space is smaller then the pin so would have to bend it... any ideas or tricks?

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: cotter pin on the lower swivel pin

Half of the old pin may be broke off and still in there?

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the whole pin came out... it seems like the pin is to long for the space provided to put it in... but it is a merc pin came in the package... I am afraid to bend it s o i dont ruin its integrityy

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it seems like the pin is to long for the space provided to put it in

I'm not sure I follow what your problem is. What is in the way? The new cotter pin should go through the transom shield and the pin and gets bent over to prevent it from falling out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0

tboss

Seaman Apprentice

If itw to long you can cut it off just measure the one you took out and cut the new one the same size.

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the bottom side walls of the ring were blocking access to the hole... during both removal and replacement. I had to bend the pin and use some real skinny needle nose pliers but it worked.

Jason 641

Seaman

I had the same problem, the side of the ring is too close to where the pin goes in. I turned the ring as far to one side as I could and bent the pin a little bit and got it in there.