Stringer drive help

Spookeay

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Stringer drive help

High Captain?. Well it?s not a problem. It?s my hobby. I have done this before on the 21? Orlando Clipper I have and she turned out great. As for the engine. I am going to do a total re build. I have no intentions of thinking of using it as it is. 42 years old I am sure the gaskets are mush to say the least? Now as for the OMC drive.. Well, you may have a point there and if I can?t round up all the parts I need to may it reliable I have other options at my disposal and 5 to 6K to rebuild and customize this boat is my budget. As for some one to work on it. That would be me. I may need some help from people who know the Stringers but a manual and being a ASE mechanic help?.. Again,,, Thanks for the concern. It?s not that I got the ship as a cheep ride I got it because of what it is and wanted to do a Custom restoration? Here is a photo some one put me onto of what I want to do. I like this this because it?s about the same hull shape just 10' longer but I can scale it down and still look good. I don?t know I will go with a full tuna tower maybe just the overhead and a second helm there with a bimi over that. Don't want to take out any powerlines on the way LOL

Photo Link http://www.eggharboryachts.com/photos/mainphoto_35.jpg

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

OK , Thanks. Did the book give any dimensions? that would be the only point of uploading the picture unless for reserch of others.. quote]

Nope just a drawing of the Round, Square and the 16 hole Seals. Although an OEM Service Manual may be a challenge for that year, I do have Seperate 1968 Parts Catalogues for 80,90,155,185 and 210 HP Sterndrives.

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

OK , Thanks. Did the book give any dimensions? that would be the only point of uploading the picture unless for reserch of others..

I take your word that it looks like it. I am going to call around with that part number and see what I can dig up...

After a close look at this seal, it looks to be ok but I want to get one in-case they are rare and hard to find so I will have one for that rainy day 5 10 years down the road ya know? LOL...

Thanks for all the help... I have a feeling it's going to be the correct one.

I sent a message to Marine Parts Source and was referred to someone who may help for Obsolete Parts. Hope this helps. Below is their response:

I apologize I don't have that part and I checked with OMC and it is
obsolete. I will give you the phone number for Sea Way Marine
800-332-0803 they handle old obsolete OMC parts. They may have the part
you are looking for again I am sorry I could not help. Thanks for your
inquiry and have a great day!

Bill
Marine Parts Source