1973 Bellboy Hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

73Bellboy

Recruit
I have a 1973 Bellboy Hardtop and would like to see if someone can give me some definite answers as to what type of motor/size, outboard, etc. it has or point me in the right direction. I have had the boat for about 4-5 years now and have not had it on the water yet, was given to me. Engine is beating me up a little. My father in law, before he passed away, was helping me work on the engine. We were pretty sure it is a 302 V-8, 135 HP. My problem is I have no idea where to get parts, and if at a normal auto parts store, what do I tell them as far as motor type, etc... I also have no idea what kind of outboard it has. I can tell you it is white which would lead me to believe it is not an Evenrude. I have attached pics of my boat and motor if someone would like to help me out. I have redone the whole inside to include the floor and would like to get the motor running in tip top shape and hit the water. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!

Attachments

• 73Bellboy1.jpg
    73Bellboy1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 73BellboyMotor.jpg
    73BellboyMotor.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1973 Bellboy Hardtop

really sweet boat. i'm moving to inboards.

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome. You've come to the write place to find help.
I think you'll need to show a photo of the outdrive (not outboard), looking at the transum from the outside to help in figuring what make it is.
Nice boat! I couldn't let her sit for that long, unless it was out of sight.:)

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

I wonder what information is on the valve cover placard?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The pictures are pretty small for a good look, and a picture of the drive would REALLY help.
From what I can tell with those pics is it's a Volvo and may be an AQ190, probably with a 270 outdrive.

73Bellboy

Recruit

Here is a pic of the drive. Sorry, forgot to put that one on there. You all are great! I really appreciate your help. Thanks for the comments too. I have put a lot of work into restoring it but now it's time to hit the mechanics of it. Again, thanks for your help!! My boat is about 150 miles away from me right now because I don't have anywhere to store it. I was going to go yank the motor out of it and bring here to rebuild it. So if I need to get any info from the boat itself, it may be a bit before I can get to it. The rules for posting was a pic 100 x 100. Can I put a bigger one on here? I do have them.

Attachments

• Outdrive.jpg
    Outdrive.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Outdrive1.jpg
    Outdrive1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1

MikDee

Banned

Nice boat, I can't tell if that's a V6, or V8,,, If it's a V8 it looks like a 302 Ford, but if it's a V6, it looks like a 3.8 Buick, both had the distributor in the front. The valve cover shape, & the 4bbl carb design, looks like a Buick?

73Bellboy

Recruit

Thanks again for all the comments and help! And god bless you for the links to the documents, I'm sure that will help me out big time. Yes, it is a V8, and I am 99.9% sure it's a Ford 302. Now you know why I wanna get this thing finished and on the water....haha. Starting to cool off here in Kansas City though. My have to garage the motor and spend the winter rebuilding it to drop it in first thing next year. I am so jazzed about the info you all gave me. I have searched the internet until I was blue in the face to find something on it. Thanks again, you all are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.