Mercruiser 3.0 Valve Adjustment question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Danforth View Post
    ...you have to re-size the pics, simplest way is to email them to yourself and pic 25%...
    Or use PIXresizer. Free to download, and brilliantly easy to use. (this is not spam, mods, please don't ban me. )
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100’ below.
    1972 Bertram ‘Bahia Mar’ 20
    2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha One Gen II (0W829301)
    (Original - 1972 '165' In-line 6. Previous - 1994 4.3LX)

Comment

Originally posted by achris View Post

Or use PIXresizer. Free to download, and brilliantly easy to use. (this is not spam, mods, please don't ban me. )
      or use paint or photos (free on your PC) and simply re-size to between 20 and 25%)
      Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
      1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
      2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
      1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Good info guys I'll look into resizing the pictures. I live in Las Vegas Nevada and they basically closed the whole city I wish they would push us to go to the lake instead they closed it if I want to get on the water I'll have to go all the way down past Davis Dam passed Davis Dam into Laughlin. So I just went to O'Reilly's to get the valve cover gasket and they have two different numbers a felpro 17900 and a Fel-Pro VS13197C both of these caskets look identical right down to the color striping on them they are both made out of cork however one is $11 and one is almost 20 the 17900 says Marine I can't see spending $9 more if it's the same exact gasket anybody have any insight on this?

Comment

the marine label is higher priced in this case.
          Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
          1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
          2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
          1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Okay great I'm going with the lower-priced option.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueheeler View Post
              So I just went to O'Reilly's to get the valve cover gasket and they have two different numbers a felpro 17900 and a Fel-Pro VS13197C both of these caskets look identical right down to the color striping on them they are both made out of cork however one is $11 and one is almost 20 the 17900 says Marine I can't see spending $9 more if it's the same exact gasket anybody have any insight on this?
              The marine gasket uses marinized cork impregnated with Monel and Molybdenum Disulfide... If you don't use this, your boat will explode!

Obviously just kidding

Comment

Working...
              X