Mercarb Two-Barrel Choke Unloader missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebTech

Seaman Apprentice
I tried googling my issue and can not find any info on this issue.
So that's why i'm posting and hoping someone knows more than me and my parts guy!

History, last year I bought a lemon and had to completely rebuilt my boat! Thanks to this forum I turned a Lemon to a mango! Took me from May-Aug to complete, Got it out on the lake and had some carb issues, but thanks to you folks helping me out while I held my cell to the sky to hotspot my laptop while camping, you all helped me figure out the issue! I managed to get a few good days in with the family. Yeah!
Over the winter i decided to add a hydraulic steering system from manual and rebuilding the old carb. Haven't gotten around adding the new steering system, waiting for the weather to warm up a bit.

When I took the carb off, I managed to snap off the throttle cable screw so while I ordered the rebuild kit I also added the a new throttle arm (part 3302-810925)
What I cant figure out or find on the net is how to adjust the choke unloaded adjustment? There isn't one one this carb??
this carb is from a 1996 mercrusier 3.0LX alpha one carb Part# 807504
even the old arm didn't have one and I can not find any info on this subject?
Is there something written on the net on how to adjust this? or is it automatic since nothing is linked...hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo325296.jpg
    photo325296.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • photo325297.jpg
    photo325297.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 11

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Ok, that carb is from a later engine. (1998 and up)... But, the procedure is the same.... The measurement is 80 thou (2mm)..

Chris.........
(From the Merc manual, #13. GM 4Cyl, 1990-1997)
Choke unloader.JPG

RebTech

Seaman Apprentice
Where do you see the Tang to adjust? There is no Tang on this?

Attachments

• photo325301.jpg
    photo325301.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 10

achris

Bottom of pic above letter "a"

I think he means where's the tang on the photo of his carb... (I can't see it, and as he did order the right part number, and I'm assuming it is a genuine part, not a Sierra/GLM aftermarket, I'm at a loss)

Chris.....

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
In general accelerator pump and choke plate arms are adjusted by bending the arms/rods. Things like tangs are bent for certain idle stops and/or floats

tang2.jpg

achris

The tang for adjusting choke unloader is missing! It should be here, and it's bent to adjust choke unload at full open throttle.

tang.JPG

Noob41

Recruit
Thank you! I have been searching all over for this for 3 days straight

Noob41

Recruit
Yes, I think I'm gonna replace it. I had to go way past the farthest lean setting to get it to open at all

Status
Not open for further replies.