Starter support bracket...

Mtl-Diesel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
UPDATE:

OK. I got the broken bolt out. What a PITA !!!! Received the new PMGR starter. I installed it (not torqued down yet) however there is now a gap between the starter and the housing for the flywheel. I put on the "install kit" they provided with the two new bolts. Still don't see how this is suppose seal it. Any one else have a similar issue? Maybe there is suppose to be a gap?

Bought PMGR SDR0272.

Help!!!

Attachments

• photo325064.jpg
    photo325064.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 4
  • photo325065.jpg
    photo325065.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo325066.jpg
    photo325066.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4

Bondo

Staff member
Still don't see how this is suppose seal it. Any one else have a similar issue? Maybe there is suppose to be a gap?

Ayuh,..... That's just a tin dust cover,..... The gap is irrelevant,....

'ell,.... I've run motors without the dust cover,.....
All it does is hold water in the flywheel area if the bilge water get's into it,.....

fishrdan

Admiral
Are you taking about that foam piece between the started and flywheel cover? Probably just the keep the tin cover from ratteling, if it's hitting the starter. Looks OK to me, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mtl-Diesel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok! Thanks guys! That's what I was hopping to hear! Now I wait for spring in order to get her out of the garage and test!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the tin cover is to keep rocks and critters and fingers from getting in there when the motor is running.

that is all its for.