Smartcraft monitor v. 2.01 reset

MADAUS

Recruit
Hello,
I have just purchased this 2003 Sea Ray 270SD with a 496 and 300 hours. I tried setting my gasoline used back to 0 and messed up the gauges. Dealer did a factory reset and he and I did the Cal 1 and Cal2. When you power up the monitor it reads the version 2.01 then goes to hours without numbers, just dashes. I have hours mode on and they will come up when you push mode to that item, but not on start up. Also, my speed does not show up on the monitor anymore, just on analog. Any ides of what I'm not doing...? Thank you for any help!

alldodge

Staff member
Speed will not show up unless you have the wheel mounted to the transom, most don't have it

Hey QBhoy have any ideas

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Speed will not show up unless you have the wheel mounted to the transom, most don't have it

Hey QBhoy have any ideas

Hi
if you hold in “-“ and “mode” for a second or two it will put you into a menu selection. If you hold them in for about 5-7 secs, you get the full menu which allows you to calibrate and customise. Let me know if you need anything further. I have the full manual on both the speedo and tachometer. Sc1000 models.

MADAUS

Recruit
Thanks for the input! (engine 496) My speed did show up before I messed up the monitor settings. I have the old square monitor gauge with version 2.01, not the newer speedo or tach monitor. I have ran through the Cal 1 and Cal 2 settings. One strange thing is the hours will show up when I push mode to that item, but not when it should upon start up after the 2.01 (version) the screen comes up for hours, but its dashes...? When I first got this also, it never showed and error code of two engines are configured as starboard "stbd" upon start up now it does I only have one engine (not a big deal, but possible a clue..?). Lastly, with the speed in Cal 2, I'm not sure what to use, but it has water pressure sensor at 100, maybe with the 496 it should be 200. The paddlewheel frequency is at default of 4.9, I'm not sure if I have a paddle wheel sensor or not...?
Thanks again I appreciate your help! I just realized I'm in outboards forum.lol

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,..... No reason to start another thread 'bout the same topic,....

Just post in the original thread, 'n bring it back to the top,......
'n when postin' in the wrong forum, just ask a Mod to move it,....

MADAUS

Recruit
Thanks for the links. I should have mentioned I have the manual and followed it pretty well, except for the questions I had. Again, we have the old monitor not the speedo/tach system. I tried to find a more advanced manual, but could not.
I think its set for dual engines, but we only have one. You can change that in version 1, but version 2 doesn't have that setting.